(From the Philippine Star)
MANILA, Philippines – Davao City Mayor Rodrigo Duterte earlier declared that he will not seek the presidency in 2016 but his camp released a list of his senatorial “dream team.”
According to a report, former North Cotabato Gov. Emmanuel Piñol, one of Duterte’s allies, released the list on Wednesday.
Duterte’s initial list of senatorial candidates that will compose his dream team includes the following:
- Former Sen. Panfilo “Ping” Lacson
- Manila Vice Mayor Isko Moreno
- Sen. Sergio “Serge” Osmeña III
- Boxing icon and Sarangani Rep. Manny Pacquiao
- ACT-CIS Rep. Samuel Pagdilao
- Leyte Rep. Martin Romualdez
- Las Piñas Rep. Mark Villar
- Former Sen. Miguel “Migz” Zubiri
Piñol said that Duterte is yet to consult PDP Laban head Sen. Aquilino “Koko” Pimentel III on the inclusion of Zubiri in his list.
Duterte has also committed to support Pasig Rep. Roman Romulo who later on decided not to run as senator, according to a report.
The eight senatorial candidates included in Duterte’s dream team will run as independent or under a party outside PDP Laban but will be included in the Davao City mayor’s lineup as guest candidates. Read more