(The Globe & Mail)
Vowing strong retaliation, South Korea said Monday that North Korean soldiers laid the three mines that exploded last week at the heavily fortified border, maiming two South Korean soldiers.
South Korea’s military, which investigated the mines, said that Pyongyang will face unspecified “searing” consequences for the mine blasts in the Seoul-controlled southern part of the Demilitarized Zone that has bisected the Korean Peninsula since the end of the Korean War in 1953. Read More
Categories: Asia Times News & Features